Event decor, especially flowers can be a very costly expense for a client. My job as a planner is to make sure that I can provide my clients with beautiful decor at the most attractive price. With wedding season approaching, many brides are trying to determine what type of flowers that they want to use for their big day. The decision of what flowers to use is contingent upon two important factors- their wedding color palette and the season that their wedding will be held.
Wedding flowers make up 8-15% of an entire wedding budget, so you definitely want to make sure that you get more bloom for your buck! So here are some tips to consider for your next wedding or event that may incorporate floral decor.
1. Do price comparison shopping at many different florists and local nurseries.
2. Select flowers that bloom during the season of your event. (These flowers will be cheaper as they may be obtained locally and eliminate expensive shipping fees)
3. Avoid having your event during these seasons: Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day and Prom season.
4. Recycle floral arrangements from the wedding to reception.
5. Rent floral arrangements
6. For weddings, use silk flowers for alter arrangements (The guests will never know as they are viewed from afar. NOTE: Silk flowers are inexpensive IF purchased on sale.)
7. Try to avoid/minimize using flowers that are difficult to cultivate (i.e. calla lilies, orchids and gardenias)
So I hope that my floral tips will help you save during your event planning process. Remember, you do not always have to spend a lot of money to have a fab event, as being frugal is also fab!